Experience Exporting - Contacting International Markets
Understanding your target market(s) and making contacts, future buyers, partners and/or distributors in these overseas countries will play a key factor in the potential export success your company could experience.
A range of services are available via UK Trade & Investment and your local Chamber of Commerce to help support high quality market intelligence and support.
Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS)
Through the Overseas Market Introduction Service, your ITA puts you directly in touch with overseas Trade Officers in British Embassies and Consulates, who can provide country and sector-specific business advice for your company, as well as offering support during your visit to an overseas market.
Kick start your success in world markets
Accurate and up-to-date market information is crucial to the success of your product or service in any new market. UKTI offers a range of services designed to provide you with the data and market intelligence you need to evaluate new markets effectively and approach them with confidence. It can also facilitate market visits and introductions to potential partners and other key contacts in those markets.
The service is commissioned and delivered online, giving you a direct link to our network of local experts overseas, with fast access to reports and advice, and allowing you to keep in touch wherever you are. The service allows you to:
- Assess the demand for your product overseas prior to a market visit
- Pinpoint the best route to market for your product/service
- Access potential contacts or partners in a target market
- Secure local market introductions, e.g. to Chambers of Commerce and Trade Associations in the areas and sectors you are interested in
- Use our overseas offices to support your business needs, e.g. to launch a product or service with help from an Ambassador to attract local media attention or use a residence for a networking event and assistance with interpretation or local market information
Export Marketing Research Scheme
Understanding your target market is essential to developing a successful market entry strategy. There is no better way to do this than spending time in the market, learning from your potential customers what their needs, buying behaviours and attitudes to new suppliers are.
Our Export Marketing Research Scheme gives you the opportunity to do market research in a structured way.
Companies with fewer than 250 employees may be eligible for a grant of up to 50 per cent of the agreed cost of market research projects.
Carry out research on topics such as:
- Market size and segmentation
- Regulations and legislation
- Customer needs, usage and attitudes
- Distribution channels
- Competitor activity, strategy and performance